Sky Sports |

Saturday 15 September 2012

Saturdays thoughts & tips

Well that's me back from a nice weeks break in Italy, very relaxing and some great company (including the wife). whilst away I found another nationality of people who managed to annoy me more that i thought possible. In the past the French have wound me no end of times to the point that I now refuse to go to Paris, but as of this week the Koreans are very quickly catching them up. Where ever I looked they were there, I can be impatient at times but some of these people took it to the point of utter rudeness. A lot of it was small stuff, but put together didn't half wind me up, perhaps I'm just getting old.

I caught the closing ceremony of the Paralympics whilst away and t was interesting to hear the Italians view of the coverage given to the event by the British media, as well as the hosting of the whole Olympic event by GB, nothing but compliments coming from our European neighbours on a job well done.

I see that Andy Murray is going walk about in his local town tomorrow, it did make me smile, anybody that knows Dunblane will know that the walk should only take 5 minutes from one end to the other.

Glad to see that the correct result has finally come out regarding Hillsborough, what upsets me most is the fact that 41 people could have possibly been saved. 41 people who went to see a football match and who should have came home. The other thing that concerns me is why the cover up? Who authorised/instigated it, they are the people who should be held to account, I hope the families get everything they ask for.

Today the football gets back into full swing after a couple of lack lustre internationals (lets not mention the Wales result!!). Should see some patterns start to emerge over the next cuple of weeks as the  squads and managers settle down.  The flat season draws towards its close with the St Ledger today, everbody seems to be all over Camelot, but keep an eye on Guarantee, interesting prospect.

Also playing tonight is Newport v Cardiff, always a good local rugby fixture, one of the many good Rugby Union games on over the weekend.

I also see Prince Harry is a little bit peeved with Kate, for stealing his limelight!! Who's next Philip mooning off the palace balcony ... :-)

Anyway some thoughts below, quite a few NRs already showing up, so be careful. Don't forget first aim is always stake retrieval.

Back
3.00 Curragh - Wexford Opera (possible fcast with Orator)
3.30 Bath - Dancing Primo
3.30 Curragh - Uleavemebreathless
8.20 Kempton - If So

EW Double
2.15 Bath - Alcando
5.10 Bath Arch Event

Lay
3.50 Newcastle - Sabore
4.25 Newcastle - Military Call
4.55 Newcastle - Seven Veils

Place Lay
2.35 Newcastle - Talent Scout

Back to Lay/Trade IR
2.50 Bath - Linkable
3.55 Chester - Mandy Layla
5.25 Newcastle - Ypres
6.50 Kempton - My Mate Jake
8.20 Kempton - Blue Nova


Football Trades
Single: Back Celtic far too big  big at 1.4
Single: Back Hearts, too big at 2.7

Norwich v West Ham.
5 of last 6 games have been drawn, personally expecting a low scoring game, so a low risk trade:
0-0 £2
1-1 £5
2-0 £2
O2.5 £15
Scalp 0-0/U1.5, if necessary wait until O2.5 reaches 2.0 then place.

Fulham v West Brom
West Ham started well, only losing to Man City & Arsenal in last 11 games, Fulham have been a bit hit and miss, and in my view are false favourites. Could well be a couple of goals in this game
O2.5 £20
1-1 £5
0-2 £2
0-0 £3
Lay U3.5 £10, lay another £10 at 1.2
Scalp U1.5 for some insurance.

No comments:

Post a Comment