Sky Sports |

Sunday 30 September 2012

Flipping Fat Fingers & Today's Tips & Trades

Do you know I said yesterday was going to be a funny old day, and so it turned out to be!!The horses didn't run too bad, and there was enough trading opportunities too ensure no losses. And if you didn't make enough green out of the football you need to revisit your staking and thought process!!

So what did I manage to do?  I completed a move on my computer that I have done 1000's of times before, but why was that such a point to mention, why? Because I managed to wipe all my profit plus some more, i made the mistake of trading whilst having had a couple of glasses of wine (very nice wine as it happens). I changed screens on my software and automatically pressed the relevant keys as is the norm, what I hadn't noticed was that the software was slightly slower than normal, and I ending up backing a footy score that was now completely impossible to achieve!!! Bang went my days profit plus a % of my bank!!!!  I would have been just as well stood on a street corner handing out tenners to passers by.

How annoying is this? Very, but please learn from my mistake and bloody incompetence, patience,wine and trading obviously don't mix. On reflection I couldn't work out why things were slower than normal, when reviewed I now realise I had other pieces if software running that I didn't really need. So to quote somebody "know your limits!!" Or to be more precise the limits of your PC/laptop.

It has forced me to take 5 minutes to sit down and re-evaluate my set up and structures, so not a bad thing, bloody expensive way to do it though.

Anybody else think that there is something missing from the Ryder Cup? (Apart from European points!!) it seems a sad thing to say but I think the Americans want it more, it seems to be a bit more than just a round of golf. The Europeans aren't pressing or applying any real pressure, surprising when you think many of them play on the US tour. If the Europeans turn things around today I would be astounded, I know they say its not over till the fat lady sings, but I can definitely hear her tweaking those vocal chords!!

Good to see Liverpool get a first win under their belts, and whilst I appreciate it was against a poor Norwich side, it should breed some confidence. Good to see some of the youngsters coming through and it shows some hope for the future, but they need to sort out their defence, they are being left so exposed by stupid mistakes. Must admit I had to smile at AVB's reaction at the end of the Old Trafford game, it obviously meant a lot to him, & as for Fergie moaning about extra time - come on Man Utd have had their fair share of it in the paste. In private Fergie is a lovely, warm, funny guy, but he's got to stop the moaning at times in front if the cameras.

Couple of derbies on the footy cards, Derby v Forest looks an interesting one, neither team know how to keep a clean sheet at the moment, both need the points, Derby are overpriced in my view. Villa v WBA, are villa still she'll shocked from last weeks mauling by Southampton, and does Lambert really know how wake this sleeping giant of a club, I don't think so. WBA are well organised and seem fairly solid. More than likely look at backing WBA DNB.

Sampdoria v Napoli has the makings of a good game, newly promoted Sampdoria are progressing well, and Napoli are unbeaten in nine, not expecting a lot of goals, maybe a Dutch of some low scores, with a Napoli bias and some cover on O2.5.

Not a lot of quality racing around,but plenty of 2yo races so some to watch for the future? expect a lot of NR's with the changing weather conditions, I am surprised to see Mussel burgh going as good, with the amount of rain around the are would have expected a softer going, may change later.

Back
2.40 Curragh - Boston Rocker

EW
5.30 Epsom - Dr Red Eye
2.55 Clonmel - Sizing Machine

Lay
5.30 Epsom - Ghostwing
5.15 Musselburgh - Here Now and Why

Footy Trade
Espanyol v Ath Madrid - No clean sheet from Espanyol yet this season  Athletico scoring for fun (cue 0-0!!) weighted for an away win, but be careful the home side do have the ability of putting in a performance  Low risk trade, scalp some U1.5 for insurance, if early goals look at laying U3.5 or U4.5

1-1 £5
1-2 £4
0-2 £3
O2.5 £20

Maritimo LTD

1 comment:

  1. You're not along in your stupidity, if that's any comfort. I did the exact same thing last season, as detailed here:

    http://footytradingposts.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/aarrghh.html

    ReplyDelete